UNIVERSAL ACCESS AND SERVICE FUND PRIVACY NOTICE
In accordance with the Eswatini Data Protection Act No.5 of 2022 relating to the protection of personal data and privacy, and other international laws on personal data and privacy, such as the GDPR and the Malabo Convention, this privacy notice explains how the Fund in the Exercise of its mandate will use personal data collected when one visits its website page and/or offices. This privacy notice provides for what to expect the Fund to do with personal information when one makes contact with it or use one of its services.
2. How may personal data have collected and processed by the UASF?
The data that the Fund processes may be collected from the following sources:
- Application for vacancies within the Fund
- Tender submission documents
- Public consultation processes
- Authorisations issued by the Fund
- Surveys conducted by the Fund
- Provision of UAS services to beneficiaries (some may be sensitive data, e.g. data relating to children)
- Any other interaction with the Fund including through its social media Platforms
3. What data the Fund will collect and further process, and how
Submitting personal data to the Fund is voluntary. By doing so, one is giving the Fund permission to use the information for the specific purposes mentioned above.
The following data (including personal data) will be collected through forms or tender documents found on our website or offices:
- Full Names;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Information related to processing of personal data activities (description, purpose, recipients, hosting providers, protection measures, risks, data)
- processing contracts);
- Institution information ( names of directors or shareholders, phone, number, website, email,).
- Criminal records of directors (sensitive information)
The Fund will store the information in a record system designed to retrieve information about a person through personal identifiers (Name, Email address, Phone number, Location/address), so that it may process individuals’ inquiries or contact them.
In addition, the Fund website page may use Analytics measurement software to help improve the experience of visitors. The Fund website uses the following Analytics tracking data for website improvement.
- Number of users: number of users that have visited the website and
- certain pages across specific time periods.
- New and returning visitors: users who are visiting the website for the first
- time and those who are returning.
- Session statistics: duration of visit, number of pages viewed and other
- click-through interactions with the website.
- Approximate geolocation: country from which the session originated and
- language spoken in user’s browser.
- Browser and device information: browser used, operating system, screen resolution, and flash colours of device used.
4. How the Fund protect and safeguard your information
All personal data collected are internally processed only by designated staff members, and are stored on servers which abide by the Eswatini Cyber Security Authority rules and standards and in compliance with the Data Protection Act,2022.
5. Visiting Other Websites
The Fund website may contain links that redirect to other institutions. These websites are not within the Fund’s control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility policies. Once an individual proceeds to other sites they are subject to the policies applicable in those sites and should ensure adequate safeguards exist to protect their personal information.